The Ring I Threw Away
Today I threw the diamond ring away,
A promise that had slowly turned to stone;
It once spoke of forever, bright as day,
But now it only tells me I’m alone.
For years I held a black rose to my chest,
Its thorns went deeper every time I stayed;
I called the suffering a form of love,
Until I learned that love should not leave scars.
So I pulled every thorn out of my skin,
And watched the blood become a memory;
Some wounds, like winter, teach the heart to breathe,
And some goodbyes are doors to being free.
I carry no resentment in my hands,
Nor do I need your shadow on my road;
A soul that walks away from needless weight
Discovers freedom is its lightest load.
Go where you choose-to heaven or to hell,
The road you take is no longer mine to know;
I have released the story we once held,
And learned that letting go can heal the soul.
You chased the flame of yesterday’s desire,
While everything we built began to fade;
Like one who follows sparks into the night,
You never saw the stars you threw away.
You thought the glitter shining in the dark
Was treasure waiting somewhere in your hands;
But broken glass can sparkle like a jewel
Until the morning shows what it truly is.
And I was once the mirror by your side,
Reflecting every truth you turned away;
You broke the glass that dared to show your face,
Then wondered why your reflection disappeared.
A marriage is a vessel made of glass,
So fragile beneath the weight of careless hands;
With love, it shines like sunlight after rain,
Without it, even gold will turn to dust.
You cannot mend a heart with empty words,
Nor gather every shard back into one;
Some things are lessons rather than mistakes,
And some endings are where new lives begin.
So keep the road you chose, and I’ll keep mine,
No curse, no prayer, no hatred follows you;
You lost a love you may not understand,
While I found something priceless;you lost me.
Today I leave the ring upon the ground,
Along with every burden I once knew;
The thorns are gone, the mirror has been broken,
And for the first time in years-I am free.

Comments
Post a Comment