If You Let Me Love You

 


If You Let Me Love You

********* **** ***** ***

I don’t want to love you

only with the hunger of my hands;

I want to love you

like the moon loves the night-

quietly, completely,

never asking the darkness to leave.

***

I want to know the thoughts

you hide behind your smile,

the little storms behind your eyes,

the words that tremble on your lips

but never find their way out.

***

When you speak,

I will listen-not just to your words,

but to the silence between them,

like a river listening to the rain

before it carries every drop to the sea.

***

When your heart feels tired,

come rest it against mine.

Let my arms be your shelter,

like a warm window of light

on a cold and lonely evening.

***

I don’t promise you

a life without sadness.

But I promise you this-

when sadness comes,

I will sit beside you

until it forgets how to stay.

***

I want to be the hand

you reach for without thinking,

the voice you search for

when the world becomes too loud,

the quiet “I’m here”

that makes your fears grow smaller.

***

I don’t want to give you

only flowers that eventually fade;

I want to give you moments

that bloom forever in your memory.

***

I want to remember

how you take your coffee,

what makes you laugh,

what makes you quiet,

and the little things

you never think anyone notices.

***

I want to love you

like the ocean loves the shore-

returning, again and again,

through every tide,

through every season,

never tired of coming home.


And when you are happy,

let me be the smile beside yours.

When you are broken,

let me be the shoulder beneath your tears.

When you are lost,

let me be the small light

that reminds you where home is.

***

I don’t need you to be perfect.

I don’t need you to hide your scars.

Give me the real you-

the beautiful, complicated,

sometimes frightened,

sometimes fearless you.

***

I will love the parts

you think are too difficult to love,

like a gardener loving a flower

not only for its petals,

but for every thorn it carries.

***

Because I don’t want

just your beautiful days.

***

I want your ordinary mornings,

your restless nights,

your silly laughter,

your quiet tears,

your dreams,

your doubts,

your victories,

and the moments

when you simply need someone

to sit beside you in silence.

***

If the whole world

ever stands against you,

look for me.

***

I may not have the power

to fix everything,

but I will stand beside you

like a mountain stands beneath the sky-

steady, patient,

and refusing to leave.

***

I want you to know

that my love is not measured

by how often I can hold your body,

but by how gently

I can hold your heart.

***

Because desire may burn

like a beautiful flame,

but understanding is the warmth

that keeps us alive through winter.

***

And years from now,

when our faces have changed

and time has written its stories

upon our skin,

I want to look into your eyes

and still recognize

the soul I chose.

***

So if you ever ask me,

“What can you give me?”


I will not promise you

the whole world.


I will simply take your hand

and say-


“I will give you my time.

I will give you my patience.

I will give you my listening heart.

I will give you my arms when you need shelter.

I will give you my presence when words are not enough.

And through every season of our lives,

I will keep choosing you.”

***

Because I don’t want

to be just someone you love.


I want to be

the place your heart feels safe.


Your calm after the storm.

Your moon on a sleepless night.

Your home after a long journey.


And if forever is real,

then let my forever

begin with you.

***Your One Only Fourlinegraphia ***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Little Was Enough

Dear Crococh, I am DONKEY

The Condom is the Conundrum(A Poem in Many Voices)

Siddi's Legacy: A Mother's Voice

The Unkindled Flame

A Painted Promise

In the Arms of Niḷa: A River’s Embrace

Across the Stars

The Stillness of the Code