Moonlight Silence


 Only the silver moon stayed wide awake,

it spilled its liquid light across the room,

resting on every leaf and quiet flower,

and gilding every corner filled with gloom.

***

I must have dreamed for just a fleeting while,

for softly came the moon to touch my frame,

slipping across the ledge in silver grace,

and left before I woke to speak its name.

***

The midnight breeze stepped in without a sound,

and brushed the sheer curtains like a secret hand,

carrying sweet perfumes of unknown flowers

that bloom somewhere across a distant land.

***

I thought you came; I held my quiet breath,

and listened for your footsteps on the floor,

watching the darkness for a familiar shape,

the sudden, gentle shadow at my door.

***

I yearned to feel your warmth beside me here,

to lose the winter heavy in my chest,

but all the room remained a hollow hall,

where only empty shadows came to rest.

***

It searched the quiet spaces of my heart,

where tender memories lie gathered deep,

and still you did not come to claim my side,

nor break the quiet watch I had to keep.

***

Perhaps true love was always meant like this-

a passing light that touches us a day,

a fleeting song from distant windowpanes,

a Rose holded hand that reaches out, then fades away.

***

Now every petal carries your sweet name,

and every passing breeze whispers your sigh;

the silent, moonlit night asks gently now

why I am waiting as the hours go by.

***

I have no answer for the quiet skies,

for though I traced your name on memory's leaf,

the delicate ink has faded with the years,

leaving behind the quiet grace of grief.

***

I filled the sleepless nights with gentle songs,

yet one by one the quiet notes depart;

even my poetry has lost its voice,

and stumbles in the silence of my heart.

***

And yet tonight, I leave the window wide,

not that I hope to see you passing through,

but only that the pale moonlight may know

I still remember how I waited for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Spectrum and the Frame

Whose Path Am I Walking?

The Falcon Soul

The Stillness of the Code

Sanctuary of Silence

The Power of Your Light

Tears of the Mountain

Wind and the Beloved Fire

A Room to Return To