Whose Path Am I Walking?



I do not fear dying without my consent-

 it is living on this earth that fills my heart with dread.

On the road ahead,what hurdles lie in wait for me?

They say, “Keep moving forward”but forward to where?


Who decided this destination?

Whom did I ask to be born?

Whom did I request for this body?

Why does this very breath enter and leave my chest

without my permission?


Why am I made to walk without my consent?

Outside doors I never opened,

who wrote my name?On paths I never chose,

who drew my footprints?


“You must live,” they say-by whose law?

“You must endure,” they say-by whose fate?

“You must succeed,” they say-by whose yardstick?


If I fall, many call out, “Get up!”

But when I asked, “Why are we running?”

the entire world fell silent.


Oh world that claims ownership of my dreams,

why do you put a price tag on my fears?


Around me stand invisible walls in the name of family,

 in the name of society,in the name of fear,

in the name of a sweet lie called “For your own good.”


To every single wall, I ask one question:

Where is my consent?


Inside me, an invisible hand holds the reins.

Is it fate?

Is it God?

Is it society?

Is it time?

Or am I myself standing

at the other end

of the invisible rope tied around my neck?


I do not know.

But I will no longer stay silent just because I do not know.

To every invisible hand that guides me, I will ask-

Who are you?

My fear? Your law? My destiny?

Or a prison I built myself?


I do not wish to destroy people-

I wish to break the invisible chains

that prevent me from living as a human being.


If my path has no meaning, let me ask.

If my life has meaning, let me discover it.


Do not write the meaning of life for me.

Do not put your name on my dreams.

Do not impose your rules on my fears.

Do not force your direction upon my feet.


I will run,but on my own path.

I will fall,but from my own stumbles.

I will rise,not by anyone’s command,

but by listening to the voice of choice within me.


Because freedom

is not merely the absence of bonds;

it is the absolute right

that the final question asked about my life

must belong to my own voice.


Therefore,do not make me walk without my consent.

Hand the reins of my life back to me.


Then the world will ask:“Whose path are you taking?”

And I will answer“No one’s.

For the very first time,I am walking my own.”


Perhaps the “person” I was searching for outside all this time

was never out there at all.

In the dark inside me, as my own voice,

he was asking all along-

“Are you living by your own choice?”


Now, I am not running from that question.

I am the question.

I am the path.

I am my own answer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Lines Lead

The Tulip's Silent Love

The Spectrum and the Frame

The Path to Your Own Light

In the Moon's Soft Haze

Silent Longing, Enduring Love

Wind and the Beloved Fire

"Spectrum of a Human Life"

How Long I Will Travel to Find the End of Me