A Shy Little Heart



My lips grow still when you are near,

My eyes look down, my heart beats clear.

I have a thousand words to say,

Yet shyness takes them all away.


I cannot speak, I cannot smile,

I only steal your glance awhile.

But when you disappear from sight,

My thoughts come alive in the quiet night.


My heart begins a tender song,

A melody that all along

Was hiding deep inside of me,

A song of love meant just for thee.


And when I drift into my sleep,

Your gentle dream comes sailing deep.

You come like a lamp of gold,

Through dreamland's skies, serene and bold.


You take my hand and lead me far,

Beyond the moon, beyond each star,

Into a world where dreams come true-

A little heaven made for two.


So though my lips may never say

The words my heart repeats each day,

Perhaps my eyes will tell you true:

This shy little heart belongs to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moonlight Silence

The Spectrum and the Frame

The City of Infinite Shadows

Whose Path Am I Walking?

Tamboola’s : Sweet Remembrances

The Stillness of the Code

The Falcon Soul

Orphan Girl, Aged Soul

The Cobbler's Creed

The Quiet Flame