The Fear of Lossing You

 



Beneath the storm of restless thought,

A silent lake lies still and deep;

Each wave the wandering world has brought

Slowly dissolves in waters asleep.


Like a leaf that trembles in the wind,

My thoughts drift restless, lost and free;

Yet somewhere deep within my mind

A quiet shore still waits for me.


No wind disturbs the depth below,

No shadow lingers on the stream;

The stillness holds a tender glow,

Reflecting every fading dream.


Dwelling deep within me, there stays

A restless, mischievous companion-

My mind, that wanders through endless days,

Yet never leaves me in my desolation.


But then a thought begins to rise-

A fear I cannot turn away:

Will you fade from my waking eyes?

Will you slowly disappear someday?


Will you leave me halfway through

The journey we once called our own?

Will I be left searching for you

In endless nights, completely alone?


In every dark and silent night,

When uncertain footsteps lose their way,

I feel your shadow slipping from sight,

Like evening light becoming grey.


And then my peaceful lake is stirred;

The quiet depths begin to flame.

My heart burns at the thought of losing

The one whose presence gives it name.


The waves of longing rise again,

The stillness breaks, the waters part;

Anxiety moves through every vein

And leaves its trembling in my heart.


Yet when I close my eyes and breathe,

Your memory comes like a gentle rain;

It touches the waters underneath

And slowly stills the waves again.


Your nearness is a quiet shore,

Your presence, a soft and healing light;

And even when I fear losing you,

Your love turns darkness into night.


So let my restless mind be still,

Let every anxious wave subside;

For somewhere beyond its changing surface,

A peaceful lake of love abides.


And there, beyond the fear and pain,

Where silence meets the morning blue,

My mind finds its tranquil shore again-

Still waiting, still loving, still for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE MOUNTAINS REMEMBER

The Unbound Ring

Box Crab :Are you

How Long I Will Travel to Find the End of Me

The House of Broken Light

Iron: Earth's Vein, Mankind's Spine

A Testament to the Storm

Mother Angel's Vigil

The Banyan of Justice and Its Winged Kin

The Cracked Foundation: A Cycle of Apathy and Reckoning