Die Another Day


 Die Another Day

*****************

I count the passing days upon the sky,

Like drifting stars that wander slowly by.

I miss the laughter that we have not shared,

The quiet moments destiny prepared.

***

I carry memories that are not born,

Like winter fields that wait to meet the dawn.

But deep beneath this solitary flame,

There lives a quiet fear without a name.

***

For while I dream of your desired embrace,

A darker vision takes its sudden place:

The day you turn your back and walk away,

And steal the golden sun from every day.

***

How strange that love can hold two restless seas-

One filled with hope, and one with silent pleas.

One wave that brings you gently to my shore,

One wave that takes you back for evermore.

***

We die in moments, hidden deep and small,

In dreams we lose, in tears that never fall.

The person that I was just yesterday

Will fade like mist and quietly drift away.

***

And if our tangled paths should fade away,

If heavy night should steal another day,

Remember this, no matter where you are-

You were my home, my bright and burning star.

***

And if love leaves before our time is done,

If stories fade beneath a setting sun,

We will not vanish, and we will not stay-

We will but sleep, and die another day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ungovernable Steed

One Rain, One Rhythm

The Alappuzha Lighthouse Sings

The Witnessed Seat

My Promise to You

My Unwavering Shore

The Interwoven Dance of Life:Simple step with Krishna

Dream on an Abacus

ALLOY

The Unfettered Path