How Love Moves

 


I feel my heart beat on, and guide me through the day.

It knows no bounds of birth, or name, or shade of skin.

I walk my path unjudged by eyes that turn away.

It says I stand enough, just as I have been seen.


Love finds me first in quiet acts I almost miss:

A hand that stays, a voice that lets my breathing slow.

I learn my worth in moments small, but held like this-

No grand display, just time that says I get to grow.


I dream, at times, of roots set deep beneath our feet;

A home made warm by laughter left along the hall.

I want a life where shared returns make days complete,

Where holding fast means choosing both the rise and fall.


Then comes the turn, when something in me asks for air:

A wider sky, a step beyond familiar ground.

I loosen knots of love with honesty and care,

Not fleeing what we were, but what I must be found.


So I let change arrive, and trust the pace it keeps.

I bless the forms that love has taken in my life.

I listen close to what my steady heart still speaks;

It leads me whole through joy and loss, through peace and strife.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ungovernable Steed

The Lady Moon

The Witnessed Seat

My Emerald Song and Golden Bloom

The Day I Found Us Again

Orbits

Reflections of Bug Life

One Rain, One Rhythm

Moon and Seasons

Silted Channels of the Heart