Finding Myself

 


In shadows cast by your retreat’s cold grace,

I wandered lost beneath the silent sky,

My heart a shadow, longing for your face,

But found a strength I never knew was nigh.  


The memories like whispers haunt my mind,

Each fragment shining in the evening’s glow,

I thought my joy had vanished, left behind,

Yet slowly, I begin to learn and grow.  


The pain once heavy, now begins to fade,

A gentle breeze that stirs my dormant song,

Within my chest, a brighter hope is made,

A place where I can finally belong.  


No longer bound by what was left behind,

I walk ahead with courage in my stride,

The past’s deep wounds now heal with time’s kind hand,

My soul reborn, with love and peace as guide.  


In quiet moments, I reclaim my light,

The shadows fade as dawn begins to break,

Through battered wings, I learn to take flight,

And find my peace in all I now can take.  


The road ahead is open, wide and free,

A journey deep within my heart’s own core,

With every step, I start to truly see,

The love I’ve found that was there all along.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Without Your Presence

THE FORBIDDEN WITCH

Beneath the Ancestral Roof

The Princess with Starry Eyes

Pilleronam – Childhood Joys

When I Cross the Divide

Melody of Silent Dreams

I, the First Sanctuary

Rations and Ruins

Between Steel and Soil