You, Somewhere Beyond the Blue

 




You, Somewhere Beyond the Blue

****************************

I searched the rivers for you,

The quiet lakes, the restless seas,

And every ocean, deep and blue,

That hides a thousand mysteries.

***

I searched for a mermaid fair,

With eyes that carried your unknown light,

With your imagined face and flowing hair,

Yet you remained beyond my sight.

***

Perhaps you were never meant to rise,

From coral gardens beneath the blue,

Perhaps you live where the horizon lies,

In a world I cannot travel to.

***

Perhaps you stand beyond the sun,

Where golden evenings fade from view,

Watching me when the day is done,

While I stand here, searching for you.

***

Each morning, when the sun appears,

I speak your name beside the sea,

And tell the waves about my fears,

And all the love you left in me.

***

Each evening, when the sunlight dies,

And paints the ocean with its gold,

I wonder if, beyond the skies,

You watch me waiting, as of old.

***

Perhaps you stand beyond the shore,

Where sky and ocean touch as one,

Watching me as I count once more

The waves beneath the setting sun.

***

Or perhaps you are beside me,

So close that I could touch your hand,

Yet hidden from the eyes that see,

Like a dream no heart can understand.

***

Have you concealed your lovely face,

Behind a veil of silent dreams?

Or do you hide in some secret place,

Where nothing is quite what it seems?

***

Perhaps among the coral bright,

You hide beneath the ocean's floor,

And watch me through the fading light,

While I keep searching evermore.

***

Sometimes, when I am alone,

I hear a song upon the air,

A melody of words unknown,

Yet somehow I can feel you there.

***

Perhaps the waves are singing low,

Perhaps the wind has learned your name,

Perhaps your voice is in their flow,

Returning softly, just the same.

***

I listen for a single call,

A whisper carried by the tide,

And count the waves, both great and small,

While all my questions wait inside.

***

When evening breezes cross the sand,

From distant deserts far away,

And softly kiss my waiting hand,

I think you sent them on their way.

***

Perhaps your fingers hide within

The gentle wind that touches me,

Perhaps your lips are carried in

That breath that travels from the sea.

***

And when the waves begin to rise,

And dance beneath the silver moon,

I hear your anklets in the skies,

As though you dance to some old tune.

***

The sea begins to dance for you,

The moon grows quiet, pale and bright,

The wind repeats a song I knew,

And carries your name into the night.

***

Without my knowing, you came in,

Like moonlight spreading on the sea,

And slowly, softly, deep within,

You became a living part of me.

***

You became the silence in my words,

The rhythm hidden in my heart,

The song that flies beyond the birds,

The dream from which I cannot part.

***

I know somehow that you can see

The hidden rhythm of my soul,

The silent heart that beats for thee,

The secrets only you can know.

***

Perhaps tonight you write again,

Another poem beneath the moon,

Perhaps another heart, another name,

Has found its place within your tune.

***

And yet I choose to still believe,

That somewhere hidden in your lines,

There is a verse you cannot leave,

A little piece of you in mine.

***

Perhaps that is what love can be-

To search for someone never found,

To hear a voice across the sea,

And feel its echo all around.

***

To wait for hands we cannot hold,

To trust a touch that may be wind,

To chase a dream through oceans cold,

And never leave that dream behind.

***

For some are never meant to come

As footsteps written in the sand,

They arrive like a distant song,

And live where only hearts can stand.

***

Some come to us as dreams at night,

Some as stars we cannot reach,

Some become a fading light,

Yet leave a universe to teach.

***

And you became a poem to me,

A verse my heart refuses to lose,

A song carried across the sea,

A beautiful and distant muse.

***

So I will return to this shore,

To watch the sunrise paint the blue,

And when the evening comes once more,

I will still whisper, “Where are you?”

***

I will tell the endless sea my tale,

I will entrust my love to the breeze,

And let the moon upon its trail

Carry my longing across the seas.

***

Perhaps one day the horizon will part,

And reveal the secret hidden there,

And I will finally see with my heart

The woman I have always held somewhere.

***

Not as a mermaid from a dream,

Nor as a shadow passing through,

But as the love beyond the gleam,

The woman my soul always knew.

***

Until that day, let waves keep still

The secret that my heart has known,

Let winds carry my love at will,

And let the moon guard it alone.

***

Let this vast universe bear witness,

To a love never held in my hand,

Yet somehow, through its endless vastness,

Became the soul where I now stand.

***

Perhaps I never found you here,

Because you were never lost to me,

You lived beyond the horizon clear,

And deep within my heart, eternally.

***

You were never lost in the ocean,

Nor hidden beneath the evening blue,

You were always my heart's devotion,

Waiting to become a poem you 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fivefold Snare

Palette of the Living Soul: An Unveiling

The Double-Edged Coin of Being

The Amphibian's Threshold

He Isn’t Broken—He Is Healing

The Power of Your Light

Wind and the Beloved Fire

In the Moon's Soft Haze

Freedom in Motion

The Sorrow of Wild Flower