I AM THE TEMPEST
I am the tempest, the force and the fire,
The wild woman climbing higher and higher.
You thought I was a breeze, that was swept by the rain
But I learned how to uproot like the strongest trees.
You threw me to shadows and locked me away,
Hoping my spirit would weaken and decay.
But every small spark of your anger and hate
Became a bright flame as I rewrote my fate.
From every deep wound, I gathered my flame,
From every quiet silence, reclaimed my name.
I forged wings of fire through darkness and rain,
A mother of thunder breaking every chain.
Behind my still silence, an ocean had grown,
A depth of emotion I carried alone.
Now thunder erupts from deep in my chest,
Releasing the power I once suppressed.
Stand back, old borders; fall, ancient stone!
She has found the courage to stand on her own.
I am not the shadow you wanted to see;
I am the woman whose soul demanded to be free.
But listen before you name me destruction and flame;
There is more to my fury than anger or blame.
I need open skies. I need rivers that run.
I need forests alive beneath the warmth of the sun.
I need oceans unchained, I need mountains to breathe,
I need life to flourish beneath every leaf.
I need those who suffer to finally be heard,
And a world where compassion is more than a word.
I am not the rain that begs leave to descend,
Nor a fading shadow that disappears at the end.
I am the lightning that tears through the night,
A woman born of darkness reaching for light.
I am the thunder that carries the pain,
The wild, restless tide, the cleansing rain.
I am not hatred, nor vengeance alone;
I am the mother of a wounded earth seeking a home.
I am the storm that refuses to die,
The ancient queen roaring across the sky.
Through fire and rain, through loss and pain,
I rise from the ashes and break every chain.
What tried to destroy me became part of my flame;
What tried to silence me strengthened my name.
I carry my scars, but I no longer hide-
The storm that was buried now rises with pride.
I am not merely destruction, nor am I despair;
I am the strength that awakens when no one is there.
I am the voice of the wounded, the forgotten, the small,
The sovereign force that rises when old walls fall.
And when my last thunder fades from the sky,
When the final drops of my sorrow run dry,
Do not remember me only as fury or flame-
Remember the woman who rose and reclaimed her name.
I am the Tempest.
I am the carrier of fire.
I am the controller of rain.
I am the charioteer of thunder.
I am the wind that refuses to be chained,
The soul that rises through loss and pain.
I am the voice of the wounded earth,
The force of renewal, rebirth, and worth.
I am the storm you thought you could tame,
The woman who remembers, the wind without shame.
And though I may pass through darkness and rain,
I will rise, I will endure,
I will rise again.

Comments
Post a Comment