An Everlasting Volume

 


Our love, an ancient, bounden book,

Whose pages hold each tender look,

The more I read, the more I yearn,

Each leaf reveals what hearts discern.

****

With passing years, it gathers grace,

Time lends a depth none can erase,

A tale that deepens, soft yet true,

Inscribed in shades of me and you.

****

Not words unspoken linger most,

But one fond glance I cherish close,

More potent far than lines conveyed,

In silent script, its truth was laid.

****

What need have we for spoken art,

When hush reveals the hidden heart?

Within the quiet, still and wide,

Our truest confessions yet abide.

****

Though rainbows fade from weeping skies,

Their fleeting hues from mortal eyes,

The tints you cast within my soul,

Remain unbroken, ever whole.

****

You painted depths no time can fade,

In living light your colors stayed,

A masterpiece that shall remain,

Untouched by loss, unmarred by pain.

****

Though distance parts your form from me,

In thought, you dwell incessantly,

A presence constant, soft, and near,

A whispered solace ever clear.

****

Your smile, the dawn that crowns my day,

Dispels the encroaching shades of gray,

Without its light, the hours seem bare,

Devoid of warmth, devoid of care.

****

The moments shared, no time can claim,

Nor dim their softly glowing flame,

They rest within a sacred space,

Beyond the reach of time’s erase.

****

And in the silence you bestow,

Your heart speaks truths I’ve come to know,

On voiceless days, I understand-

Love needs no word, nor guiding hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Without Your Presence

THE FORBIDDEN WITCH

The Princess with Starry Eyes

Echoes of Flight

The Little Lunchbox

Let It Go, Love

Beneath the Ancestral Roof

The Endless Wait

My Solitary Path

A Pool of Flame