Sacred Silence



Your love was not just a warmath to me-
It was a cadence, love’s own soft accord,
A boundless devotion that bound my heart,
A sacred mantra kept in silent grace.
***
I breathed life into its simple script,
And suffused each letter with gentle warmth;
It lingered softly on my tongue,
And found its sanctuary within my embrace.
***
You deem my silence a forgotten chime,
Yet I could never relinquish the strain;
I veiled your name beneath my reserve,
For my quietude ever wore your face.
***
To utter it still awakens grief,
Witnessed by tears in the eye’s quiet edge.
This parting once seemed a divine decree,
Yet time revealed its heavy toll;
***
Your name was once a sweet refrain-
Now each syllable rends the air,
Exhauster of my fragile soul.
You mistake my stillness for neglect,
***
Unaware of the weight I bear;
For silence remains love’s final guise,
Where sacred, aching truths reside.
Certain melodies still evoke the sting,
***
And ancient wounds refuse to heal;
When the world grows cold and still,
My soul rehearses what used to be-
An eternal echo, forever bound.
***
Forgive this final, solitary plea:
To cherish your memory from afar,
To hold you as a revered light,
Shining like a distant, guiding star.
***
I never erased you from my heart,
I merely hushed the fragile voice;
And though you remain unaware,
I breathe your name in silent prayer.
***
Perhaps forever was not ours to claim,
Yet love may yield, but never fade-
Though your name departs my lips for good,
It dwells enshrined where love was made.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Will Never Hide Me

The Halfway Mark

The Unseen Current

The Unseen and the Unheard

In the Arms of Niḷa: A River’s Embrace

A Symphony of Thought

The Bucket

Fire and Sun

In My Heart, I Find the Divine

The Journey Toward the Light