Let Me Feel Your Love

 


Words are mere shadows that easily lie,

While actions reveal what is true to the eye.

Though promises spoken may capture my mind,

It is only through feeling that safety I find.


I have smiled at sweet phrases that melted the air,

Only to discover no substance was there.

So now I observe what a heart chooses to do,

For the clarity of action is steadfast and true.


I ask for no grand, sweeping oaths from your tongue,

Nor songs sweeter far than the rain ever sung.

I need but your presence to render them whole,

By standing beside me in body and soul.


No longer enticed by the flatterer’s art,

Where beautiful phrases hide falsehoods at heart,

I seek for a devotion that practice will teach-

A love that remains when the easy nights breach.


When you draw near to gaze in my eyes,

Let no rehearsed speeches or answers arise.

Let quietness linger beneath the dark skies,

And let your soft touch tell where honesty lies.


Come closer and grant me your warmth in the night;

Let your arms speak the words that your lips cannot write.

And if in your heart I am cherished and known,

Then offer one kiss that says, “I have not forgotten.”


I ask not for passion born merely of fire,

Nor a fleeting embrace of unthinking desire;

I long for the tenderness quiet and deep,

Where one honest touch is a promise to keep.


So sing me no melodies copied or learned,

Like a bird repeating a tune it has earned.

Come show me your truth, let the pretense depart,

And let every action bring bloom to my heart.


For trust is a vessel constructed with care;

It cannot be hurried, demanded, or spare.

Each broken oath leaves a scar in its wake,

While each steady gesture heals pain for our sake.


I shall run after echoing words nevermore,

Nor let sweet deception blind what lies in store.

I will wait for a love that is grounded and real-

A love I can anchor, see, trust, and quite feel.


And when you at last bring your quiet soul near,

I will yield up my guard and relinquish my fear.

Hold me with gentle, unbreakable art,

And let every action speak home to my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Will Never Hide Me

The Unseen Current

The Unseen and the Unheard

In the Arms of Niḷa: A River’s Embrace

A Symphony of Thought

The Bucket

Fire and Sun

In My Heart, I Find the Divine

The Journey Toward the Light

When Shadows Fall on Law and Justice