Without Your Presence
Without your presence, I am as the moon bereft of night, a silver pilgrim wandering beneath a heaven that has forgotten how to cradle the stars. *** Tell me- is this love, so profound that it has become fear, or have I made your nearness the very breath upon which my soul depends? *** As your lover, I find in you the spring within my winter, the harbour where my restless heart lays down its weary tides. When you are near, even the leaves seem gentler, and the wind carries a tenderness it does not bestow upon the lonely. *** Yet when you depart, my heart becomes a forest at twilight- every rustling branch a question, every wandering breeze a foreboding. I fear the silence after your voice, the emptiness beside me, the long and solemn hours in which your absence becomes almost tangible. *** As your mother, I love you with an ancient tenderness- the tenderness of earth toward the seed, of rain toward the parched meadow, of the dawn that watches faithfully over a sleeping world. *** ...

Comments
Post a Comment